Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adding It Up

I'm pretty sure there are several missing; but I managed to find eighteen receipts, for at least seventeen iron runs (one of the receipts was for a returned battery). Adding it all up it comes to 14,560 pounds of iron that we have removed from the property, about seven and a quarter tons, over a period of two and a half years. The earliest I found was dated March 14th '08. (And between March 14th and March 20th of that year we took seven loads of iron to the scrapyard.)

And like I said I think there are a few missing, so I'd guess it's really approaching ten tons. This is not counting cars, either.

Still, even if it's 'only' a little more than seven tons, that's a lot of iron. And there's still more!


Rosa said...

This - and the post before it, even more so - is AMAZING.

Thalia said...

Thank you. I've added a bit on the sidebar for keeping track of the pounds of iron; every time we make an iron run I plan to add that day's load to the total.

It is so useful to be able to see things spelled out. Especially, since there is so much stuff here you could work all day and look like you got nothing done.