We've been steadily working on the garage, shop and yard; Tuesday first thing (which for the two of us vampires means oh two in the afternoon or so) we threw some iron in the car and took it to the scrapyard; then until three in the morning or so (told you we were vampires) we gathered more from the yard, the shop, and the garage. I've got lots of pictures of the progress in all three of those areas, but I'll make that another post.
Below, Larry filled up with iron, twice:
The one on the right has the old furnace that used to be out in the shop all loaded into it; it was of course never hooked up and just sat there taking up space. It may look like a big empty tin box, but whatever is inside that thing was freakin' heavy.
We got it in the car okay, but, alas, in shoving the thing out at the scrapyard, we managed to mangle Larry's back bumper. Well, the bumper itself is okay, but the mounts broke off. (They tend to do that on Volvo waggons given the iron + aluminum interaction between the mounts and the bumper). Poor Larry.
The total for the two runs was another 2120 pounds of iron, bringing the total now up to twenty-one iron runs and 18,940 pounds of iron removed from the property (since we've been keeping track, that is). That's 9.47 tons.
Next run I'm quite sure we'll break ten tons.
There's still more.